Charlotte County YMCA Information on what is happening at your YMCA! provided some local Chalotte County YMCA Community information below. Charlotte County YMCA Schedule for August, September and some of October.
NEW! Franz Ross Child Development Center
Located at the New Day Christian Church on
20212 Peachland Blvd in Port Charlotte. Offering Infant, Preschool and FREE VPK! Don’t forget, all of our VPK participants also receive FREE Swim Lessons for 1 year and 1 FREE Youth Sports program.
August 12th: Pizza Night Fundraiser
We will be having this event the 2nd Friday of every month. All day event (carry out or dine in.) Join us at the Port Charlotte Pizza Hut located at 3068 Tamiami Trail and Pizza Hut will donate a portion of the sales to the Edgewater YMCA Child Development Center. Please print out the flyer here and hand it to your delivery driver or cashier.
August 13: Y Flick & Float “Toy Story 3”
Join us at the pool deck from 7-11pm of the North Port Family YMCA. Calland reserve your space today as numbers are limited! (941) 429-2269. Only $5/household! We will have concessions available for purchase. Please, nooutside food or drinks.
P.E.P. (Personal Exercise Program)
What: PEP is a unique wellness experience designed just for YMCA Members who are new or just returning to exercise, or who may be unsure how to begin a wellness program. Includes: Four appointments with your YMCA Wellness Coach. Cost: FREE for Members! We started this program as a courtesy to our members so they can get the most out of their membership here at the Y. Call Tracy at (941) 629-9622 for more info.
August 16th: Hi-Y’er Club “Cool Off Icecream Cone” Meeting
1:15pm at the Franz Ross Mult-Purpose Room. Everyone Welcome! Contact Mimi at (941) 629-9622 for more info.
August 20th: 11th Annual YMCA Outback Safari Party
benefiting the YMCA’s Child care Capital Development Program will be held on Saturday, August 20, 2011 from 6 to 10 pm at the Bay Front Center located at 750 Retta Esplanade in Punta Gorda. Great food donated, prepared and served by Outback Steakhouse, music by GROOVE Symphony, 50 silent auction items, 5 live auction items, valet parking and a special guest performance by “The Village Guys”. Cash bar will be available through the Y’s Men’s Club of Charlotte County. Tickets are $75 per person and a table of 8 cost $700 and includes complimentary drink tickets, table sign and listing in Program Book. For more information or to make a reservation call the YMCA Administration Office at 629-0909.Click here for the Sponsor Form! Mail: Charlotte County Family YMCA, 1777 Tamiami Trl Suite 407, Port Charlotte, FL 33948
Call: (941) 629-0909 ext 1
Fax: (941) 629-9630
NEW! $35 Childcare Membership
Childcare Memberships are now being offered to parents of full-time students for only $35/month! Includes:
· Save $15/week in preschool childcare programs.
· Save $20 in youth sports programs.
· FREE swim lessons.
· FREE single-day SRD’s
· Save $15/week in school age camp programs (intercessions, spring break, winter break and summer break).
· Full access to 3 area fitness facilities. Membership includes free child watch, group land and water aerobics classes, PEP Program and Fitness Orientations! Sign up TODAY at any of our 3 Fitness Branches: Franz Ross Park, North Port or Punta Gorda.
September 3rd: Y Flick & Float “Cars”
Join us at the pool deck from 7-11pm of the North Port Family YMCA. Call and reserve your space today as numbers are limited! (941) 429-2269. Only $5/household! We will have concessions available for purchase. Please, no outside food or drinks.
Franz Ross YMCA 10th Anniversary Celebration!
Open to the Community all week plus no joiner fee!
Sept 6: Fitness Bingo
Sept 7: FREE Towels
Sept 8: Free Body Composition & Blood Pressure Testing
Sept 9: Smoothie King samples and Bake Sale
Sept 10: Join us at the Franz Ross Park YMCA for a 10th Anniversary Celebration! Starts at 5:30pm. Hors Dovours, Drinks and Music. Donations will kindly be accepted at the door. Thank you to our business sponsors: Gators, Chick-fil-a, Monarch Printing, Smoothie King, Joe Cracker, and Carrabba’s.
Sept 13th: Hi-Y’er Successful Aging Lunch and Lecture
1:15pm at the Franz Ross Park YMCA. “Exercise Protocol of Active Seniors” by Dr. Carbonnel. Everyone Welcome! Contact Mimi at (941) 629-9622 for more info.
Sept 14th: Hi-Y’er Family Tree Investigations
1:30pm at the Franz Ross Park YMCA. “Your Family History” by Larry Hurley. Everyone Welcome! Contact Mimi at (941) 629-9622 for more info.
Sept 17th: Hi-Y’er Fundraiser at Visani’s Comedy and Dinner Club
Join us at 6pm for only $10! Get your tickets at the Franz Ross Park YMCA Welcome Center Desk. Everyone Welcome! Contact Mimi at (941) 629-9622 for more info.
Expand Your Horizons at the Charlotte County Family YMCA
What does the YMCA mean to you? Health and fitness? Childcare? Youth programs? Family activities? Whatever the YMCA means to you, we hope that you take full advantage of all the amenities that we have to offer. In other words, EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS! It is our goal to cater to each of your individual needs, and we have numerous programs and activities to always keep you engaged. If I may, let me offer up a few suggestions:
- Change up your cardio routine. Ditch the treadmill for the next month and try a step-mill or rower. Climbing the step-mill will activate and strengthen more lower body muscles than a regular walk/jog on the treadmill while offering similar cardiovascular benefits. Rowing will also accomplish similar cardiovascular benefits while strengthening and toning the arms and back.
- Get in the pool (yes, you)! Discover the total-body toning benefits of lap-swimming. The gains in muscle tone/definition will become evident quite quickly if lap-swimming is incorporated into your existing strength-training and cardio workouts.
- Wander into a group exercise class (land or water). Whatever your fitness goals may be, we have a class for you. Come join the fun and get fit with our great instructors. This will also make Tracy Morgan, Wellness Director, very happy. And who doesn’t want to make Tracy happy?!?!
- Sign up for a fitness orientation. Whether you’re looking to change up your workout routine or to get back into a routine after a lay-off, our trainers are here to help. Register for a FREE session at our Welcome Center.
- Enroll your children in youth sports and swim lessons. Learn the skills of the game and the values of sportsmanship through one of our youth sports offerings. Soccer, Flag Football, and Cheerleading registrations run through the month of August, with the program kicking-off in September. Also, learn how to safely participate in activities that take place in or near the water, or simply improve your stroke by signing up for Swim Lessons at the Y (FREE to members!).
As always, please feel free to contact me at any time by phone (941-629-9622), email (email@example.com), or just stop by my office.
Yours in health,
Mike Versnik, Associate Executive Director
September 17th: Franz Ross YMCA’s 2nd Annual Fishing Tournaments & Blues Concert
Join us at Lashley Marina for our Annual Fishing Tournament! CASH Prizes! Kid’s Fishing Challenge! View the flyer and registration form.
Sept 20th: Hi-Y’er Color Container Gardening
1:30pm at the Franz Ross Park YMCA. Speaker is Master Gardener Deborah Williams. Everyone Welcome! Contact Mimi at (941) 629-9622 for more info.
September 24th: Fall Golf Scramble
Join us at the Port Charlotte Golf Course on Gleneagles Drive to help raise funds for the youth programs of the Charlotte County Family YMCA. Hosted by the Y’s Men’s Club. More Info.
October 15th: Good Vibrations Poolside Party!
Join us at the North Port YMCA from 6-10pm for our Annual Good Vibrations poolside party! Click here to view the flyer.
Find More Charlotte County YMCA Information & Charlotte County YMCA Schedule Here.